ORT school in Geneva opened in February 1944. The first classes to be set up were held in mechanics, joinery and sewing for young people and in garment cutting, corset making, writing machines repair and radio technology for adults. Later classes were added in dressmaking, mechanical knitting and shirt making. There was also a boarding school operating for young girls attending ORT courses in the city. As the school was downgrading its activities due to students’ emigration, in 1948 the schools premises were turned into a production workshop to carry out orders of Swiss ORT and ORT abroad.