Bielawa in Lower Silesia was part of the so called Polish 'recovered territories'- the area attached to Poland after the Second World War. 'Recovered territories' became the area of settlement for Jewish repatriates returning to Poland from the USSR. Therefore, the majority of settlers in the training farm in Bielawa were Jews who survived the war in the USSR as well as former partisans. The grounds for the school were assigned by the Polish government and the materials were provided by ORT. Among the students were members of the neighbouring kibbutz. In 1950 ORT handed the farm over to the Jewish Community which turned it into a children’s home.